support group and knowledge-sharing community caring about easy load testing
We are excited to announce the release of v3.5 today. Hundreds of users worldwide joined the public beta during the last two months. We received dozens of improvement suggestions through the StresStimulus Community forum and privately. We appreciate all your feedback and thank you for your help in making StresStimulus better.
Beta Expiration: If you installed the beta, it will expire in the next several weeks. You can replace it with the production version, available immediately.
What's New: In short, expect more power with less effort. Now you can configure and complete the most complex load tests of web applications running on virtually any Enterprise platform, in fewer clicks, while discovering more facts about your application scalability.
Here are a few v3.5 highlights:
February 24, Update: v3.5 went live today. In includes a context- sensitive help integrated with a complete online user guide for a quicker StresStimulus adoption path.
StresStimulus V3.5 public beta, released today includes the following highlights:
1. Loops. A Loop is a group of sequential requests or pages, requested multiple times within a test case iteration. Loops are implemented as extensions of transactions. Once a transaction is created, it can be converted to a loop by changing its "Transaction or Loop Type" property. Two types of loops are supported:
Example of using loops: User postbacks "check status" page multiple times until the…Continue
1. Three controls for simpler request parameterization. Previous concept of Parameterization Grid and Parameterization Editor is reworked to achieve more functionality and consistency and remove several restrictions. Now you can parameterize requests by selecting one of three controls most suitable for a particular situation. Follow these steps:
Note: GET requests do not have Body.
1. Floating license (teamwork feature). In previous versions, StresStimulus supported Flexible Node-Locked license, where a serial number is activated on one machine at a time. It can be moved to a different machine with previous deactivation, but only one concurrent test can be executed. In Pro edition, tests must run from a single machine. In the enterprise/SP editions, the test can run from a single controller and multiple optional agents. In order to execute several independent tests by a team of testers, multiple licenses were necessary.
V3.5 supports Floating licenses that allows to divide the licensed number of VUs between multiple test machines that can run tests independently. The test machines are activated with the same serial number, can allocate the necessary number of VUs from the shared pool of licensed VUs. Each of the test machines becomes a controller that can further divide VUs between their respective agents.
October 11, Update: v3.0 went live today.
Nine months ago we unveiled the Standalone StresStimulus Roadmap that laid out our intent to give StresStimulus users a choice of a Fiddler-integrated or standalone version in v3.0. Today with the launch of 3.0 public beta, we mark a significant milestone in this development.
Integrated and standalone versions are delivered in a single installer. Both versions have a very similar UIs and the same feature set, so no additional training is required. Both…Continue
What's new in StresStimulus 2.8. The highlights of 2.8 are more versatile testing options with Data Generators and Functions, full control over test configuration with XML-based scripting, and saving test configuration time with Parameter Finder and Auto-Configurator. A full list of all features and enhancements is listed in multipart release notes that start here.
Backward, no forward compatibility. V2.8 is backward…Continue
This update is expected to be the last one before the final release scheduled for this month. The following new features and updates were added:
1. Host Auto-Filter deletes unnecessary requests and helps with future recordings. The Video-tip below shows how to use it.
Hold the Ctrl key and highlight all hosts that are relevant to this test, and then click the Host Auto-Filter button. StresStimulus will:
1. 3-Step Auto-Configuration of a Test Case. Test case can be now configured much faster and more accurately using a 3-step process: Verify-> Find Parameters-> Auto-Configure as shown in the video below.
1.Embedded Script schema document. An XSD document that lays out constraints on the structure and content of StresStimulus script (SSScript) is embedded into the tool. To browse SSScript XML schema, select the Script Editor Section a and on the toolbar of the editor, click “Show XSD” button b . The XSD viewer window c will display SSScript XSD. The viewer supports basic text editing functions such as search, bookmark and copy. Use SSScript XSD as a reference for SSScript. It contains all objects and attributes that you need to know to make changes in the SSScript. In the future updates,…