support group and knowledge-sharing community caring about easy load testing
The test designer is upgraded to simplify manual correlation of the test scripts. Now StresStimulus helps to find dynamic values and create required extractors and parameters faster and more accurate.
1. Automatically highlighting dynamic values. In the verification tree, click "Highlight non-correlated dynamic values" to open a view with all dynamic values that require correlation highlighted. Dynamic values that are already correlated will not be highlighted. This feature is a major timesaver because manually finding dynamic values is one of the most difficult and time-consuming operations. This view requires recording the same test case twice.…Continue
V4.5 public beta has been available for several months now. Today we issued the release notes that summarize the new features and enhancements
The main highlights of v4.5 are:
Enhanced test case tree
1. Consolidated tree for simplified test case management. In the previous versions, test case objects were presented in two trees. The first tree displayed pages with children objects such as requests, extractors, parameters and validators. The second tree displayed pages with their parents such as transactions and loops. In this version, both trees are consolidated to a single multi-functional, yet lightweight, tree which displays all objects.
2. Unlimited hierarchical levels on test case tree with no practical…Continue
1. Easier test annotation. Now you can quickly add comments to multiple tests after their execution. In the analyze results tree, select a test and enter comments in the Test Run Comment property. The comments are not included in the test results. You can also edit the Test Run Description property which is included in the test summary.
3. External Report…
1. Enhanced script editor. Two new functions are added on the script editor toolbar: “Highlight all found” and "Clear Highlights".
2. Upgraded Scripting API. Scripting API is extended to support new relevant UI functionality in scripting.
3. Optimized autocorrelation. Several new autocorrelation rules are added to support a broader range of web applications and frameworks.
4. Test script optimization. If verification determines that there are too many redundant extractors which can be safely deleted, it will prompt you to confirm their deletion. Auto-correlation sometimes…Continue
V4.3 public beta was launched today. The purpose of the new version is to:
The initial v4.3 public beta build includes 14 new features and enhancements. It will be followed by several subsequent updates in the upcoming weeks.
Licensing: After installation, v4.3 will honor your existing license. If you have a commercial or trial license for earlier versions, then after installing v4.3 your current number of licensed VUs will be unlocked automatically without activation.
Backward compatibility: V4.3 is designed to be backward compatible. Forward compatibility is…Continue
Test Pass/Fail Qualification
1. Test Pass/Fail Qualification. You can define custom test quality criteria which will define the Pass/Fail outcome of the test. The list of available criteria includes percentage of page goal misses, transaction goal misses, request errors and request timeouts http://support.stresstimulus.com/display/doc42/Configuring+Test+Pass-Fail+Qualification
2. Pass/Fail Status in the test results. Test Pass/Fail Status is displayed in the test result's Summary view. If test failed any of its quality criteria, a list of failing conditions will be displayed as well. …Continue
Test Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
1. Comparing multiple Verify results to further help with test configuration. In previous versions, subsequent runs of Verify overrode previous results. In this version, every verify run creates its own result set in a separate tab. This allows to deeper analyze test script integrity by comparing several verify runs. For example, you can compare two verifies executed for different virtual users. http://support.stresstimulus.com/display/doc42/Verifying+the+Test+Case
2. Compare Session Inspector – 5 new views. In the previous versions, it had only one raw request / response view. In order to pinpoint…Continue
Released today, v4.2 update 2 includes the following features and enhancements:
1. Defining Threshold Rules. To simplify monitoring servers and load agents, now you can define threshold rules. For any of the server or agent performance counters (a) you can define a warning value (b) and a critical value (c) to be monitored. When the actual value of the counter reaches the threshold, a warning or error is triggered (see http://support.stresstimulus.com/display/doc42/Threshold+Rules )
2. Reporting Threshold violations. The number of threshold violations is presented on the real-time dashboard and on the performance report. Curves on which the threshold is defined will…Continue
1. Test VU Activity Chart. The new view in the test report shows activity of every VU associated with the load test. It allows to visualize the VUs’ actions and how they relate to other VUs' actions. VU Activity chart helps to isolate performance issues by seeing how load patterns and test case concurrences correlate with slower test iterations (see http://support.stresstimulus.com/display/doc42/VU+Activity+View).
2. Transaction or page VU Activity Chart. The VU Activity Chart for a page or a transaction shows on the test timeline, which VUs requested the page or executed the transaction on a…Continue