support group and knowledge-sharing community caring about easy load testing
Released today, v4.2 beta update 2 added Threshold rules, content-type filtering. The main highlights of this update are:- Simplified transaction builder in Recorder - Threshold Rules for performance counters - Purging selected content types -…Continue
Released today, v4.2 update 2 includes the following features and enhancements:
1. Defining Threshold Rules. To simplify monitoring servers and load agents, now you can define threshold rules. For any of the server or agent performance counters (a) you can define a warning value (b) and a critical value (c) to be monitored. When the actual value of the counter reaches the threshold, a warning or error is triggered (see http://support.stresstimulus.com/display/doc42/Threshold+Rules )
2. Reporting Threshold violations. The number of threshold violations is presented on the real-time dashboard and on the performance report. Curves on which the threshold is defined will…Continue
1. Test VU Activity Chart. The new view in the test report shows activity of every VU associated with the load test. It allows to visualize the VUs’ actions and how they relate to other VUs' actions. VU Activity chart helps to isolate performance issues by seeing how load patterns and test case concurrences correlate with slower test iterations (see http://support.stresstimulus.com/display/doc42/VU+Activity+View).
2. Transaction or page VU Activity Chart. The VU Activity Chart for a page or a transaction shows on the test timeline, which VUs requested the page or executed the transaction on a…Continue
1. Opening test result without a test. Previously, a test must have been opened before its result could be displayed. This caused limitation in distributing test results without the entire test. In this update, in order to open a test result, you just need to have a single SQL CE file. You do not need to have the entire test. This makes it easier to share individual test runs. See http://support.stresstimulus.com/display/doc42/Opening+an+SQL+CE+file
2. Analyzing Agent local analytics. During the test run, a significant amount of performance information is collected from the agents. Only part of this data, which is most important for…Continue
1. Test wizard improvement. The option to add a new test case or replace an existing one is presented in the beginning of the test wizard now. When adding a new test case, you can specify test case name. When replacing an existing test case, the existing name will be used. This design improved test case name consistency. See http://support.stresstimulus.com/display/doc42/Recording-Test-Case
2. New non-browser Client option. In the Browser Settings section, a new option Non-Browser Application is added. Use this option to emulate behavior of a non-browser RIA, such as Silverlight or Flex-based application.…Continue
One of the most effective tools for evaluating the web performance-related user experience is a Waterfall chart. It depicts a timeline diagram of requesting and loading page resources. Waterfall charts are broadly used by performance engineers to granularly analyze factors impacting page responsiveness. Up till now however, waterfall charts were used to analyze user experience without tying it into the overall load considerations of a website.
In v4.2, for the 1st time in the industry, waterfall charts are extended beyond analyzing a single user's experience and instead are measured in conjunction with website load conditions, see …Continue
1. Page or transaction Latency view. A new view was added to all Page and Transaction reports showing total response time breakdown between Latency (a) and Server Time (b). (see http://support.stresstimulus.com/display/doc42/Latency+View)
2 . Single-document option for external reports. Previously, external reports were created as multiple hyper-linked hierarchical HTML pages with a report and sub reports. If you needed to create a single report printout or import it into a MS Word document it was a manual process. In the current version, a new single-document option is added. It is described here…Continue
1. Loops with transactions. In the previous version, loops could include only requests but not transactions. In this version, loops with a transaction allow to more granularly monitor performance of various parts of the loop. User can create a loop containing multiple transactions as described here http://support.stresstimulus.com/display/doc42/Loops
2. Think time in transactions. Previously, think time was available only in pages. Now transactions support Think time as well, as described here http://support.stresstimulus.com/display/doc42/Transactions . As a result, you…Continue
1. Support for multiple selections and group delete operations on the object trees. Previously, objects on any object tree could be deleted only one at a time. Now you can select multiple objects by clicking while holding Ctrl or Shift key. After that the all can be deleted once. This is a time-saving feature when you need to delete multiple selected sessions, pages, or extractors.
2. Description property is extended. On property grids support is added for the "text area" datatype. It is used for properties which require a long multiline description.…Continue
Released today, v4.0 update 2 added individual page and transaction analytics, a more powerful recorder, and many other new features and enhancements. Part 1 of the release notes, describes test result enhancements.
1. Page & Transaction Result tabs display performance characteristics of a single page or a transaction registered during a particular test run - see http://support.stresstimulus.com/display/doc40/Page+and+Transaction+Result+Tabs
2. Page & Transaction Summary view lists…Continue
1. A new splash screen brought a long overdue look enhancement to match the UI appeal.
2. New recorder: lightweight yet more powerful recorder: