support group and knowledge-sharing community caring about easy load testing
4.2 public beta was launched today. It added waterfall analysis tied into the load test context and 40 more new features and enhancements. Initial release details are published in these 5 posts:…Continue
One of the most effective tools for evaluating the web performance-related user experience is a Waterfall chart. It depicts a timeline diagram of requesting and loading page resources. Waterfall charts are broadly used by performance engineers to granularly analyze factors impacting page responsiveness. Up till now however, waterfall charts were used to analyze user experience without tying it into the overall load considerations of a website.
In v4.2, for the 1st time in the industry, waterfall charts are extended beyond analyzing a single user's experience and instead are measured in conjunction with website load conditions, see …Continue
1. Page or transaction Latency view. A new view was added to all Page and Transaction reports showing total response time breakdown between Latency (a) and Server Time (b). (see http://support.stresstimulus.com/display/doc42/Latency+View)
2 . Single-document option for external reports. Previously, external reports were created as multiple hyper-linked hierarchical HTML pages with a report and sub reports. If you needed to create a single report printout or import it into a MS Word document it was a manual process. In the current version, a new single-document option is added. It is described here…Continue
1. Loops with transactions. In the previous version, loops could include only requests but not transactions. In this version, loops with a transaction allow to more granularly monitor performance of various parts of the loop. User can create a loop containing multiple transactions as described here http://support.stresstimulus.com/display/doc42/Loops
2. Think time in transactions. Previously, think time was available only in pages. Now transactions support Think time as well, as described here http://support.stresstimulus.com/display/doc42/Transactions . As a result, you…Continue
1. Support for multiple selections and group delete operations on the object trees. Previously, objects on any object tree could be deleted only one at a time. Now you can select multiple objects by clicking while holding Ctrl or Shift key. After that the all can be deleted once. This is a time-saving feature when you need to delete multiple selected sessions, pages, or extractors.
2. Description property is extended. On property grids support is added for the "text area" datatype. It is used for properties which require a long multiline description.…Continue
Released today, v4.0 update 4 added Linux/Unix server monitoring and several other features and enhancements:
1. Linux/Unix server monitoring. StresStimulus now can monitor various metrics of Linux/Unix-based servers during load test execution using SNMP protocol. See Linux/Unix Servers Monitoring
2. Separate configuration section for monitoring Windows servers and load agents. In previous versions, Windows server and load agent monitoring parameters were configured in the same section. For consistency, in this version these two areas are separated. They are located in two different…Continue
Released today, v4.0 update 2 added individual page and transaction analytics, a more powerful recorder, and many other new features and enhancements. Part 1 of the release notes, describes test result enhancements.
1. Page & Transaction Result tabs display performance characteristics of a single page or a transaction registered during a particular test run - see http://support.stresstimulus.com/display/doc40/Page+and+Transaction+Result+Tabs
2. Page & Transaction Summary view lists…Continue
1. A new splash screen brought a long overdue look enhancement to match the UI appeal.
2. New recorder: lightweight yet more powerful recorder:
Released today, the v4.0 update completely redesigned the test result analysis block. It includes multiple new features and enhancements. Here is the list of the 10 main benefits:
1. New results presentation dimension. V4.0 now supports multi-document interface that allows opening multiple functional areas by using horizontal tabs. The workflow tree with all steps of configuring test cases is now located under the Main tab (a). Runtime Dashboard tab opens during the test run (b). One or several test results can be open in Test Results tabs (c). The new presentation dimension simplifies user navigation and allows accessing more information in less…Continue
V 4.0 public beta was launched today. The purpose of the new version is to completely rework the StresStimulus monitoring and reporting component.
The main improvements in the new version are:
The initial v4.0 public build will be followed by several subsequent releases in the upcoming weeks. The first two parts of the release notes describe what's new in today's version.…Continue
Today Dr. Dobb's Journal unveiled the results of its annual awards for best testing tools for developers.
Our team was very excited to learn that StresStimulus won the
which puts it among the 3 top tools of the year.
Dr. Dobb's Journal noted that "…Overall, StresStimulus is a very nice tool that makes load testing so easy you will end up doing it more often."
Read the full article…Continue