support group and knowledge-sharing community caring about easy load testing
October 11, Update: v3.0 went live today.
Release date. After beta testing v 3.0 by hundreds of users for more than 3 months now, the release date is set for October 11. The beta will expire shortly thereafter. Stay tuned as an auto-update in StresStimulus will prompt previous versions and beta users about the final version availability.
What to expect in StresStimulus 3.0. In short, expect more power with less…Continue
Update #3 released today will be the last update before the final 3.0 release, scheduled in two weeks. The following new features and enhancements are added:
1. Forms authentication dataset in one click. If you want to emulate virtual users utilizing different credentials, you need to use a data set storing usernames and passwords to parameterize login requests. You can create the Authentication Dataset by clicking a button on the toolbar in the Datasets section. If your authentication process includes additional properties, such as security questions, you can edit data set structure by adding additional fields. Populate the authentication dataset by entering data, pasting data (from Excel) or opening a CSV file.
2. If you are located in the Authentication section…Continue
Update #2 released today includes new features and enhancements in the following categories:
1. Workflow of the load testing process is reflected in the UI. Navigation Tree is renamed to Workflow Tree and is adjusted to reflect 4 main steps in the load testing process:
2. Test case properties are added to the Page Settings node and it is renamed to Test Case Settings.
3. The Configure Monitoring node is added to the Workflow Tree.
Built test case
4. Parameterization grid is improved to parameterize any substring of a parameter. Previously, Find and Replace…Continue
October 11, Update: v3.0 went live today.
Nine months ago we unveiled the Standalone StresStimulus Roadmap that laid out our intent to give StresStimulus users a choice of a Fiddler-integrated or standalone version in v3.0. Today with the launch of 3.0 public beta, we mark a significant milestone in this development.
Integrated and standalone versions are delivered in a single installer. Both versions have a very similar UIs and the same feature set, so no additional training is required. Both…Continue
1. Better installer: Reduced the download size by 40% to under 3 MB; installs only missing components, ensures reliable update and clean uninstall from the control panel or by running the uninstaller.
2. Multi browser / non-browser / mobile recording. In the previous versions, automatic recording was supported only in Internet Explorer. In the current version, the Recorder button is implemented as a split button that provides the following choices:
Since the standalone version is Fiddler independent, it implements certain functionality that isn’t available in add-on version.
1. Standalone version compatibility with Fiddler. Standalone StresStimulus implements its own proxy listening on port 49386 (configurable, from the main menu -> Options -> StresStimulus Options. So, it does not require Fiddler to be installed. However, it can coexist with Fiddler. You can even run Fiddler and standalone version at the same time. Furthermore, when recording a test case in StresStimulus, Fiddler will capture the same sessions because both proxies will be automatically chained. You cannot however use the integrated version when the standalone version is running and vice versa.
What's new in StresStimulus 2.8. The highlights of 2.8 are more versatile testing options with Data Generators and Functions, full control over test configuration with XML-based scripting, and saving test configuration time with Parameter Finder and Auto-Configurator. A full list of all features and enhancements is listed in multipart release notes that start here.
Backward, no forward compatibility. V2.8 is backward…Continue
This update is expected to be the last one before the final release scheduled for this month. The following new features and updates were added:
1. Host Auto-Filter deletes unnecessary requests and helps with future recordings. The Video-tip below shows how to use it.
Hold the Ctrl key and highlight all hosts that are relevant to this test, and then click the Host Auto-Filter button. StresStimulus will:
1. 3-Step Auto-Configuration of a Test Case. Test case can be now configured much faster and more accurately using a 3-step process: Verify-> Find Parameters-> Auto-Configure as shown in the video below.
1.Embedded Script schema document. An XSD document that lays out constraints on the structure and content of StresStimulus script (SSScript) is embedded into the tool. To browse SSScript XML schema, select the Script Editor Section a and on the toolbar of the editor, click “Show XSD” button b . The XSD viewer window c will display SSScript XSD. The viewer supports basic text editing functions such as search, bookmark and copy. Use SSScript XSD as a reference for SSScript. It contains all objects and attributes that you need to know to make changes in the SSScript. In the future updates,…